Finishing up the cabinet was quite a bit of work. I’m pleased with the results, so much so that last weekend after installing the cabinet I spent about six hours doing a deep clean and reorganization of the workshop and am now re-energized to do some other shop improvements.
For the pulls (handles) to slide the doors open and closed, I decided to make my own. I wanted to try pulls with scalloped sides, so I used a technique I’d read about but never done. By laying a board at a diagonal across the table saw and running a blank across it, the saw cuts a shallow scallop on the side of the piece.
After a few trials, I came up wit a piece that had a nice curve on each side. I chose to cut off the bottom, producing a pull easy to grasp but not too tall.
After making the pulls, I individually marked and drilled them for two screws to hold them to the door.
I’m pleased with the results, and it looks good mounted on the wall.